Call 0800 583 3331
Nottingham 0115 9475498
Derby 01332 332530
Leicester 0116 2541282
Sheffield 0114 3583930
Leeds 0113 3448699
Watford 01923 606801
Private, discrete home detoxification service
Regent Street Clinic™ offers a discreet and non-judgmental alcohol-related risk assessment aimed at identifying those with problem drinking and alcohol dependancy.
Often people have realised that their alcohol intake has exceeded healthy limits and it is sometimes difficult to know where to turn.
Our clinics in Nottingham, Derby, Leicester, Sheffield, Leeds and Watford offer a range of interventions aimed at helping problem drinkers make a positive and long-lasting change towards leading a healthier life away from alcohol.
Our doctors are specially trained in primary care level interventions for excessive drinkers and offer a sympathetic, caring approach to tackling this issue robustly.
1. An appointment is made with our specialist private doctors to discuss the issue in depth in an unhurried and relaxed manner and to undergo an alcohol screening assessment (AUDIT).
2. Blood tests are taken to check for signs of liver damage and other health-related issues emanating from the excessive intake.
3. A brief intervention is undertaken for those felt to be below the threshold for heavy/severe alcohol intake or alcohol dependancy.
4. For those identified as being problem drinkers with a high enough AUDIT score, a home detoxification (detox) programme is discussed and a further risk assessment undertaken to consider suitability for a home detox.
If this is initiated it typically involves a 7 day home detox using medication which is overseen by a close family member and weaned off over the week.
The home detox necessitates a visit to see our private GP every 2-3 days to ensure that there are no adverse issues and that dose is being weaned off appropriately.
5. Home detox must be followed by a series of sessions of CBT (cognitive and behavioural therapy) for candidates assessed as having a severe and harmful intake. Such clients must have alcohol dependancy and be deemded by the doctor as being suitable for a home detox. These clients must warrant to undertake the CBT maintenance therapy as a way of achieving long-lasting behavioural changes.
6. Consideration will be given for an in-patient stay at one of our private rehabilitation units across the country for those with alcohol dependancy who are not suitable for a home detoxification. Typically a stay will last between 2-4 weeks.
Home detoxification is provided for suitable candidates only with the help of our specialist private GPs.
Our GPs are happy to prescribe for a home detox from alcohol.
A common plan is as follows:
The doctor will prescribe a high dose of medication for the first day that you stop drinking alcohol.
You then gradually reduce the dose over the next 5-7 days. This usually prevents, or greatly reduces, the unpleasant withdrawal symptoms.
You must agree not to drink any alcohol when you are going through detox. A breathalyser may be used to confirm that you are not drinking.
The doctor will usually see you quite often during the time of detox, usually every other day.
During detox, support from family or friends is paramount. Often the responsibility for getting the prescription and giving the detox medicine is shared with a family member or friend, for example, a partner or parent of the person going through the detox.
Problem drinkers will be recommended an abstinence based programme. This means a life without alcohol.
Home detox will only be offered to each patient ONCE.
This is not negotiable and the fee non-refundable.
Full support will be given to each patient - a multi-disciplinary team comprising the patient themselves, their relatives/friends, our specialist private GPs, the CBT therapists, life coaches trained in alcohol problems who adopt a 12-step approach, AA (alcoholics anonymous) and consultant psychiatrists if indicated.
Failure or early abortion of the programme for any reason will result in a termination of the services offered and any fees paid in advance will be forfeited.
We are committed to helping problem drinkers kick their habit and turn their lives around with professional support across a number of specialist disciplines.
Our approach in this respect is fair but firm. We have years of experience in helping problem drinkers and know that strong willpower and a strong family/friend network are important parameters in a successful intervention.
How the alcohol service works
Summary of the home detoxification service
© Copyright 2018. Regentstreetclinic.co.uk. All rights reserved
A small initial step towards
giant progress - call us now
Specialist alcohol detox and rehabilitation services