By Bobby Ahmed, Oct 11 2018 10:30AM
What is a chemical peel?
- Chemical peels are used to improve the texture and smoothness of the skin. It is a treatment in which an acid solution is used to remove the damaged outer layers of the skin.
- The treatment stimulates new cell growth and collagen production, helping to reveal fresher, clearer and brighter skin.
- Reduce fine lines under the eyes and around the mouth
- Treat wrinkles caused by sun damage and ageing
- Improve the appearance of mild scars
- Treat certain types of acne
- Reduce age spots, freckles, and dark patches (melasma) due to pregnancy or taking birth control pills
- Improve the look and feel of skin
Who can have it?
- An ideal candidate for a chemical peel is in good physical health, understands the procedure, and has realistic expectations of the outcome.