Home Visits & Hospital
RSC 247 - healthcare around the clock
Home visits & hospital
Regent Street Clinic understands that healthcare needs exist 24 hours per day, and that in an increasingly busy world it is not always easy to find time to attend a medical clinic at a mutually suitable time.
The need to see a doctor can occur at the most unexpected and inopportune of times. Current out of hours service provision can lead to difficulties in accessing speedy medical help and treatment by a doctor, especially if the situation doesn’t warrant a trip to the local Accident & Emergency department.
Regent Street Clinic is delighted to offer a new visiting doctor service starting March 2013, to cover addresses across the whole of the East Midlands in Nottinghamshire, Derbyshire and Leicestershire, 24 hours per day.
Our team of experienced general practitioners are UK trained and offer a high quality, personal service in a professional, patient-centred manner.
Our doctors are able to issue medications, injections and prescriptions on-site, as well as arranging blood tests, hospital admissions, out-patient appointments or any other necessary investigations as required
Procedure for booking a
doctor's visit 24 hours per
1.Call the Regent Street Clinic 247 team on 0800 583 3331
2. Request a home visit by a doctor
3. Leave full details of patient to be seen – to include: Name, Date of birth, Address with postcode, Contact telephone number and E-mail address
4. Provide a brief summary of the medical condition requiring a home visit
5. Pay the fee of £195 by credit or debit card to the booking team by telephone to secure the doctor’s visit
6. Await call back from the on-call doctor who will triage the call and arrange the subsequent home visit
7. The doctor will leave two copies of his/her medical records, diagnosis, treatment plan and recommendations with the patient to keep personally and to give to the NHS GP as required, to ensure excellent patient care, continuity and seamless communication.
Benefits of private admissions:
Comfortable, private hospital environment.
Consultant-led medical care.
Individual bedrooms with en-suite facilities, TV etc. Flexible visiting times.
Full liaison between medical/nursing team and patient’s family with respect to care plans.
State of the art investigation facilities including CT, MRI scans and diagnostic imaging.
Operating theatres and ICU (intensive care units).
Resident Medical Officer (RMO) on duty 24hrs per day to provide around the clock medical support.
Procedure for arranging a
private hospital admission:
1. Call Regent Street Clinic on 0800 583 3331 and ask for the admitting doctor on-call.
2. Leave full details of patient to be seen – to include: Name, Date of birth, Address with postcode, Contact telephone number and E-mail address
3. Provide a brief summary of the medical condition requiring an assessment for admission.
4. The duty doctor will visit and arrange hospital admission and transportation where clinically indicated.
5. Please make sure you are familiar with the policy for admissions to the medical admissions unit (MAU) at the Nottingham Woodthorpe Hospital prior to attending the hospital. This document can be viewed here:
Please print off and sign a copy for Regent Street Clinic
and a second one for your records.
6. Upon discharge from the hospital, all relevant documentation relating to the admission (including the diagnosis, management and follow-up plans) is forwarded to the referring doctor at Regent Street Clinic. This information is then made available for the patient’s NHS GP in keeping with good medical practice and to ensure a smooth and seamless interface between the private and NHS sectors responsible for the patient’s care.