Waiting and appointment times
Regent Street Clinic™ is a private medical facility offering a range of private medical services to fee paying patients.
The following is a reminder of the essential tenets and principles of our organisation and the expectations placed upon both the clinic and it’s service users.
- The clinic does not seek to replace the NHS GP as the main patient advocate and primary care practitioner.
- The clinic celebrates the NHS as an excellent healthcare model/provider and aims to work with it in a spirit of harmonious co-operation.
- The clinic will always urge patients to share medical information relating to their visit to our clinics with their NHS GP practice.
- The clinic does not offer an “out of hours service” and provides services Monday-Saturday from 8am-7pm.
- Clinic sessions and opening times are subject to change, sometimes at the last minute, due to unforeseen circumstances or otherwise.
- There is no “contract” for service provision with individual service users.
- The clinic reserves the right to refuse services to any individual.
- Rudeness or threatening/inappropriate behaviour of any description towards members of our staff carries a zero-tolerance approach.
- You should allow enough time to attend the clinic for your appointment.
The following is a rough estimation of how long you should reasonably allow:
|Private GP/Nurse (new consultation)||60||Please bring any NHS records, copies of the test reults and current prescriptions to show the doctor at consultation.|
|Private GP/Nurse (follow-up)||30||Please bring any NHS records, copies of the test reults and current prescriptions to show the doctor at consultation.|
|Facial aesthetics (new consultation)||60||A through facial assessment and consultation is provided free of charge|
|Facial aesthetics (follow-up)||30||Informed consent is required at each new treatment visit.|
|Sexual health||30||Please attend with a full bladder.|
|Travel clinic||60||All travel clinic appointments need a thorough risk assessment for each specific trip with bespoke advice about vaccinations, non-vaccine-preventable diseases and anti-malarials etc. Please do not attend the clinic if you do not have time to undergo this assessment thoroughly. Our health care professionals are responsible and accountable for helping to reduce the risk of illness whilst abroad.|
|Occupational Health||30||Please bring a form of photographic ID|
|OGUK medical||60||Please bring a form of photographic ID|
- Our clinics are very busy and we do not “guarantee” that you will be seen at the exact time of your appointment. The very nature of dynamic medical centres seeing patients with different needs and urgent cases means that there will be occasions where certain medical situations are prioritised leading to a delay in individuals being seen.
- If you are early and we are able to see you earlier than your appointment time then we will make every attempt to do so.
- Parking arrangements, metered parking tickets, time urgency regarding other engagements and so forth all need to be factored in by each patient to ensure that they have managed their time appropriately and are not presenting overly stressed during their visit or indeed displacing their time urgency/stress.
- All patients in our waiting rooms are private patients. We do not offer any NHS services.
- High patient numbers and busy waiting rooms are increasingly likely to be encountered in the private/independent sector as patient demand for same-day primary care services increases.
- Paying for a private service does not mean that you are paying to be seen without a wait.
- Paying for a private service does not mean that you can be demanding, impatient or rude towards our staff.
- Paying for a private service does mean that our staff will be more likely to be able to offer you an appointment at a date/time that suits you and that you are more likely to be seen by a doctor on the day of your choice, without a restriction in length of appointment time.
- Paying for a private service does mean that any tests, investigations, treatments, interventions or referrals will be able to be arranged on the day of your appointment, without any delay, leading to an expeditious and early resolution of your healthcare concern in an optimal manner.
- Paying for a private service does mean that you can be prescribed the optimal treatment, such as prescriptions for medication or referral to hospital consultants, without any austerity or cost-cutting measures.
- Our clinic will treat all service users with respect, courtesy, openness and politeness in a non-judgmental and patient-centered way and we expect this basic level of decorum to be reciprocated.
The huge increase in patient demand for our services nationally over the past few years has meant that we are reliant upon a flexible two-way dynamic with our service users.
This page has been devised to provide a transparent and realistic picture of the likely waiting times at our busy clinics so that patients’ time and expectations can be managed.
Regent Street Clinic™